Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Thrift Shopping


  How often do you get to your local Goodwill or thrift shop? I try to hit a few of them every month
 or so, more often once the kids get back into school!  Yes!  I usually find some ironstone platters or bowls, every once in a while I will hit the jackpot. Well this was one of those times! I came out with a half price extra large trophy cup! It is the one with the lions heads on the sides. Hold your hats......I paid ten whole dollars! I was and still am giddy! It has a beautiful patina and is about eleven inches tall. I got the other smaller cup while on a long weekend trip to Texas with the hubby last year. It is a trophy for javelin throwing in 1916. So cool! So... I am officially on the trophy hunt....which means I will never find another one again! It is the thrill of the hunt that does it for me!

                                                                                      
                                                                                        
                               
             
                                                                                              
                                                                                     
                                                      
                                                  


1 comment: